Looking to become a prospective new business owner in Satellite Beach? Please see the steps below to obtain a Business Tax Receipt, which is required to do business within City limits. For questions and information about business tax receipts or renewals please call (321) 773-4409.
• Confirm the property address is in Satellite Beach. See the attached street listing below or contact the Building and Zoning to verify the address.
• Determine if you will need a Home application or Commercial application.
• If your business requires a license from any division of the State of Florida, you must first obtain your State license before applying for a business tax receipt in Satellite Beach. For more information, please refer to the “State of Florida Regulated Businesses” link.
• If the name of the business will be called any name other than the full legal name of the owner of a corporation uses a name, other than its legal corporate name, a fictitious name must be registered with the State of Florida. Go to www.sunbiz.org to call (850) 487-6058 for more information.
• Once the City of Satellite Beach has issued your Business Tax Receipt you must apply for a Brevard County Business Tax Receipt. Please note that applications applied for in person are processed immediately, otherwise they take a few days to be processed. They can be reached at 321.264.6969 or you can apply online at www.brevardtaxcollector.com.