Looking to become a prospective new business in Satellite Beach? Please see the steps below to obtain a Business Tax Receipt, which is required to do business within City limits. For questions and information about business tax receipts or renewals, please call 321-773-4409.
• Contact the Community Development Department to ensure the planned business location is within the City limits. Visit www.satellitebeachfl.org or call 321-773-4409.
• Determine if you will need a Home application or Commercial application. Applications must be signed by an owner, partner or officer of the corporation or L.L.C. A Social Security or Federal ID number will be required.
• If your business requires a license from any division of the State of Florida, you must first obtain your State license before applying for a business tax receipt in Satellite Beach. For more information, please refer to the helpful links tab.
• Please refer to Sunbiz to register the name of your business. Go to www.sunbiz.org or call 850-487-6058 for more information.
• Once the City of Satellite Beach has issued your Business Tax Receipt, you must apply for a Brevard County Business Tax Receipt. Please note that applications applied for in person are processed immediately, otherwise they take a few days to be processed. They can be reached at 321-264-6969 or you can apply online at www.brevardtaxcollector.com.